Microsoft Word is that the most generally used programs of Microsoft Office suite, MS Word may be a word processing system developed by Microsoft.
An introduction to MS Word, its features, and its uses, have all been discussed in detail, during this article.
Since MS Word is one among the foremost used programs of the Office Suite, some basic information regarding its creation and development has been given below:
- Charles Simonyi, a developer, and Richard Brodie, a programmer, where the 2 creators of MS Word
- This program was initially named “Multi-Tool Word” but later, was renamed, MS Word
- It was introduced in 1983
- The word for Windows is out there standalone or as a neighborhood of MS Office suite
- MS Word for Mac was introduced as Word 1.0 in 1985
- The extension for any word file is “.doc”
What is MS Word?
Used to make professional-quality documents, letters, reports, etc., MS Word is a word processor developed by Microsoft. It has advanced features that allow you to format and edit your files and documents in the best possible way.
Click here to download.
Where to find Microsoft Word on your personal computer?
- Follow these simple steps to open MS Word on your personal computer:
- Start → All Programs → MS Office → MS Word.
What are the uses of MS Word?
MS Word enables users to do write-ups, create documents, resumes, contracts, etc. This is one of the most commonly used programs under the Office suite.
How to create an MS Word document?
- To create an MS Word doc, follow the steps mentioned above to open Microsoft Word. Then once the program is open, click on “File” followed by “New”. This opens a new doc where something new can be created. Office.com/setup
- Since it is used by people of all age groups, in schools, in colleges and for official purposes, having proper knowledge of Microsoft Word is a must.
Uses of Microsoft Word
Given below are the various field during which MS Word is employed and simplifies the works of an individual:
- In Education: it’s considered together of the only tools which may be employed by both teachers and students. Creating notes is simpler using MS Word as they will be made more interactive by adding shapes and pictures. it’s also convenient to form assignments on MS Word and submitting them online
- In-Office: Submitting letters, bills, creating reports, letterheads, sample documents, can all easily be done using MS Word
- Creating & Updating Resume: one among the simplest tools to make your resumes and is straightforward to edit and make changes in it as per your experience
- For Authors: Since separate options are available for bibliography, table of contents, etc., it’s the simplest tool that may be employed by authors for writing books and adjusting it as per the layout and alignment of your choice.
Also, creating a Doc file and converting it into PDF may be a more suitable option, so it’s highly recommended.